3pm Bliss Balls
25 February 2013 | 2 comments
Welcome to my first video in a series that will promise to show you yummy, beautiful, and simple raw foods in a flash. This is all thanks to my clever little brother. There he is down the bottom of the post…aw…cute. So, together, we make stuff, shoot stuff, and share stuff. The idea is to demonstrate that preparing healthy, plant-based meals can be as quick as they are delicious.
Our first little baby is 3pm Bliss Balls: aren’t they sweet!
It’s a super quick and healthy treat to make and keep handy at work for when 3pm strikes. Keep a stash in your drawer so that you can ward off the temptation to grab handfuls of chips or candy. Here’s what’s in them and why they’re awesome:
Full of magnesium, a great stress buster.
A complete protein source.
For energy and iron.
For happy digestion.
For fibre, vitamins and minerals.
For natural energy. Great alternatives are 100% pure maple syrup, rice malt syrup or coconut nectar.
3pm Bliss Balls
Makes a healthy top desk drawer full.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tablespoons of spirulina
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- ½ cup of fresh chopped mint
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of honey alternatives: 100% pure maple syrup, rice malt syrup, coconut nectar
- Raw cacao powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add the raisins, dates and honey and mix again till the mixture is nice and crumbly but sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into little balls, about a tablespoon per ball.
- Now roll them around in a pile of cacao, desiccated coconut or sesame seeds to coat.
To make festive looking bliss balls coat in all things red, green and white:
Freeze dried raspberry powder
Little brother doin’ his lighting thang…