Welcome to my little sanctuary – I’m so glad you’re here. I’m Lauren Glucina, a Wellness Coach, trained Raw Foods Chef and Educator, and student of Natural Medicine. I help women overcome stress and digestive complaints in my coaching practice, and because a lot of what I do is about education, this space is for me to share and inspire on plant based cuisine and a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
I believe that we can find balance in this stressful life, by going back to basics and using the power of plants to help nourish and heal us.
If you’re brand new to my site, head on over to the member’s AREA – I have crafted a few special Resources just for you.
- My Signature Smoothie Recipe
- My gorgeous ‘One Day Detox’ ebook – a script for a total day of self-care
How I got here
I passionately believe that we are what we eat, think and do, and my philosophy is based around one simple principal – get back to nature (read about it here). In my own healing from inflammatory bowel disease and severe adrenal fatigue, I came to realise that stress trumps everything. This is what has fuelled my curiosity for discovering the most gentle ways possible to get back into balance.
A combination of a nourishing plant centric diet, natural herbal remedies, and a rock solid self-care routine bought me back. Actually, there was a lot more to the story, and I’ve written about it here. The point is though, my scenic route to health has culminated in what will hopefully be a more direct one for you.
A few years ago, I booked a 6 week trip to Bali on a whim, and completed an intensive Raw Foods Certificate held in the beautiful Ubud.
Raw foods are foods in their most natural, unprocessed state. That’s all there is to it – no fads – just going back to the way nature intended. I feel that adding more raw foods into your diet is an easy way to increase your overall nutrient density. I don’t believe in fads and truly don’t see raw foods in that light – balance is key and just be warey of those who take this lovely lifestyle to the extreme (or any diet for that matter!).
Aside from the Raw Foods Training, I have a certificate in Holistic Health Coaching and am currently expanding my knowledge further by working towards a degree in Natural Medicine (Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine) and an advanced diploma in Nutritional Medicine. If I keep my cool and remember to let my hair down along the way, I’ll be on track to wrap this up by the close of next year (2016).
Finally, I’ve also been privileged enough to have spent six months with a Master Herbalist in a Shamanic Herbal Apprenticeship in the Waitakeres, West Coast New Zealand. I’m as much interested in the Spirit as I am the Science, so I have found this so beautifully complementing to my formal studies.
Where I’m based
Currently, between Sydney and Auckland. My coaching services are all via Skype.
- Bachelor of Natural Medicine – Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine (Grad. 2016)
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine (Grad. 2016)
- 6 Month Shamanic Herbal Apprenticeship (2014)
- Certificate in Holistic Health Coaching (2013)
- Certificate in Raw Foods (2012)
- Bachelor of Communication Studies (2004)
Member of the NZAMH.
- I have a black belt in karate. I started because I had a crush on Ralph Maccio (I was 13) and thought I would find my own version of Daniel-san at the local Dojo. Instead, I got hooked and practiced for over ten years.
- I used to dance in a Reggaeton group (I guess Latino/Caribbean Hip Hop is the closet way to describe it? Dancing is the best therapy!).
- I have a soft spot for owls, and have recurring dreams about a crocodile. I once asked a Shaman what the meaning behind the crocodile was – she paused then said, ‘No-one f*cks with a crocodile!’. So, I guess I have a dream-time body guard.
- I find tinkering around in the kitchen preparing various herbal potions to be extremely therapeutic. Also, nothing beats the smell of a big pot of chai brewing on the stove.
- My partner and I have been long distance for about a year and a half now, check him out below, what a super spunk-eroo! Although I do hate how he is constantly five shades darker than me even when I have a spray tan…
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog and resources, I hope to show you how going back to basics, with a nourishing plant centric diet, quality time in nature, and use of safe and natural remedies, can help you live a vital life.