A simple chocolate chia pudding that tastes wonderful heated ever so slightly on the stove before enjoying. The ultimate brain food with all that protein and omega-3!
What a crazy week! My new app launched over the weekend and I have an exam on Sunday – not the best timing – my poor brain feels so frazzled and dazzled – it doesn’t really know what to focus on. So, I’m going to keep this short and sweet today, mostly because I have piles of notes all over my desk, bed, floor, room… everywhere I tell ya. Still, a little break is a good think. Thing. Good thing. See what’s happening?! I’m short circuiting! Even left my pen in the fridge yesterday. Who does that.
So, speaking of my poor brain being frazzled, I thought a nice post to share today would be this super great basic – Chocolate Chia Pudding – which I have for breakfast sometimes in the weekends. It is packed full of brain healthy omega 3 fatty acids, so it is rather special at fuelling you up on days when you need to engage-brain. The chia seeds are also a great source of the minerals calcium and phosphorus, for strong and flexible bones. Plus, study feels so much easier when you get chocolate pudding for breakfast.Warm and cosy Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding made with young coconut flesh. Recipe here. Click To Tweet
Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 whole young coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter liquified
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Cut open the coconut and pour the water into a blender.
- Scoop the flesh out, and pop it in a sieve. Take a little time to remove any of the husk still attached.
- Add to the blender and whizz till creamy, pour the resulting milk into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together, then leave it to thicken for 5 to 15 minutes.
- If you like a warm breakfast for comfort, you can heat this on low over the stove top.
- Serve with a dollop of berry jam and a sprinkling of nuts.
If you make and enjoy this recipe, please leave a rating!
How easy is that!
Ok back to the books, and thank you all for the amazing feedback on the app so far – it’s rocking my world, so happy people are enjoying it.