A simple chocolate chia pudding that tastes wonderful heated ever so slightly on the stove before enjoying. The ultimate brain food with all that protein and omega-3!
This chocolate chia pudding is packed full of protein and omega-3 essential fatty acids, so it is rather special at fuelling you up on days when you need to engage-brain.
The chia seeds are also a great source of the minerals calcium and phosphorus, for strong and flexible bones.
Doesn't the day feel so much easier when you get chocolate pudding for breakfast?
Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 whole young coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter liquified
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Cut open the coconut and pour the water into a blender.
- Scoop the flesh out, and pop it in a sieve. Take a little time to remove any of the husk still attached.
- Add to the blender and whizz till creamy, pour the resulting milk into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together, then leave it to thicken for 5 to 15 minutes.
- If you like a warm breakfast for comfort, you can heat this on low over the stove top.
- Serve with a dollop of berry jam and a sprinkling of nuts.
yum this looks so tasty. I love chia puddings 🙂
I love Chia Pudding. It's my new favourite breakfast! Haven't tried a chocolate one yet, but it looks fab!
Chocolate at any time ;). Looks amazing. Good luck in your studies.
the pen situation funny and common at the same time
Angie Erickson Stevens
This looks really good. I love her recipes.