Caffeine Free Dandelion Latte
26 September 2014 | 6 comments
Coffee wrecks havoc with your adrenals, and, being an irritant, it is not very gentle on the digestive system – it can cause abdominal pain and an upset tummy.
Oh but it tastes so good, right? I have a recipe today for a caffeine free alternative – Dandelion Latte, made from roast dandelion herbal ‘coffee’, nut milk and coconut oil.
I like to buy a brand of dandelion coffee called Bonvit – it’s a blend of roasted dandelion and chicory. The perks are, it doesn’t perk you up, and actually gives your liver a bit of love. It can taste a bit bitter, but if you follow this recipe, you will get a super frothy, creamy delicious latte – almost (if not better than) the real thing.
- 1 teaspoon Bovit dandelion coffee
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup plant-based milk (hemp is extra creamy)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar or a pinch of stevia
- Add the dandelion coffee to hot water and stir till it dissolves, then add the black 'coffee' and everything else to the blender for 30 seconds.
- You will get a hot, frothy latte. Dust with cinnamon and enjoy.