A tasty coffee alternative - Dandelion Latte with a little coconut oil to froth it up!
Coffee wrecks havoc with your adrenals, and, being an irritant, it is not very gentle on the digestive system - it can cause abdominal pain and an upset tummy.
Oh but it tastes so good, right? I have a recipe today for a caffeine free alternative - Dandelion Latte, made from roast dandelion herbal 'coffee', nut milk and coconut oil.
I like to buy a brand of dandelion coffee called Bonvit - it's a blend of roasted dandelion and chicory. The perks are, it doesn't perk you up, and actually gives your liver a bit of love. It can taste a bit bitter, but if you follow this recipe, you will get a super frothy, creamy delicious latte - almost (if not better than) the real thing.
Caffeine Free Dandelion Latte
- 1 teaspoon Bovit dandelion coffee
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk hemp is extra creamy
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar or a pinch of stevia
- Add the dandelion coffee to hot water and stir till it dissolves, then add the black 'coffee' and everything else to the blender for 30 seconds.
- You will get a hot, frothy latte. Dust with cinnamon and enjoy.
If you make and enjoy this recipe, please leave a rating!
just so divine!!!!!!!!! I love your recipes and your philosophy So much x
Veronica Posar Worley
I love to add a teaspoon of raw cocao mine ! Yum! Yum!
Just made a cuppa! Yum - great start to kick the coffee addiction!
Sophia Anne Rose
<3 this SO much! xx
Thank you! It is real good idea. Unfortunately here in Brasil I can't find chicory.