Green Bean, Cucumber and Mint Salad with Avo and Chia
4 January 2014 | 0 comments
A refreshing mix of crunchy beans, snow peas, mint and cucumber, sprinkled with chia seeds and splashes of lime. Light, summery, cleansing. So easy, so impressive.
- Large handful of green beans
- Large handful of snow peas
- Half a small cucumber
- Half a zucchini
- ½ avocado
- Small handful of freshly picked mint
- Small handful of freshly picked coriander/cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Fresh lime
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Chardonnay vinegar and a little of your best olive oil
- Finely chop your beans and snow peas, and blanch in boiled water for two minutes.
- Cut the cucumber and zucchini into sticks, and toss with the sliced avocado.
- Tear up the mint and coriander and add to the bowl.
- Scatter the chia seeds over the top.
- Dress with a the juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt, or some chardonnay vinegar and olive oil, enjoy!