All natural DIY Face Cream
How to make an all-natural DIY face cream that is absolute perfection every time. Made with organic meadowfoam and raspberry seed oils, with skin-protective essential oils. Ideal for normal, dry or even mature skin. Yields 100g (3.38 oz).
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Cooling time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 100 g
alcohol based sanitising spray
100ml amber glass jar with lid (3.38 oz)
2 pyrex jugs or glass measuring cylinders
digital kitchen scales
- 6 g emulsifying wax O
- 3 g shea butter
- 7 g raspberry seed oil
- 7 g meadowfoam oil
- 3 g glycerine
- 74 g distilled water
- 0.8 g Microcare DB preservative
- 6 drops doTERRA Yarrow | Pom essential oil
- 6 drops doTERRA Frankincense essential oil
- 6 drops doTERRA Copaiba essential oil
- 6 drops doTERRA Juniper essential oil
- 4 drops doTERRA Helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops doTERRA Geranium essential oil
First, sterilise all equipment and utensils by spritzing with the alcohol based sanitising spray. Do not use wooden utensils.
Measure out all ingredients for the oil phase, and add to the first pyrex jug.
Measure out all ingredients for the water phase, and add to the second pyrex jug.
Rest both pyrex jugs in a saucepan/fry pan, then add boiling water to the saucepan until it reaches past the height of the ingredients in the jugs.
Use the candy thermometer to bring the temperature in the jug containing the oil phase ingredients up to 65-70˚C (149-158˚F). Any higher, and you risk oxidising the oils. Stir gently till all ingredients are totally dissolved.
Once you reach 65-70˚C, remove both jugs from heat and place on a board. Gradually pour the water into the oil's jug, and blend on slow with the immersion blender until the mixture emulsifies (30 seconds to 1 minute).
Stop and let the mixture cool and thicken for a minute or two, then blend again until whipped into a creamy texture.
Use the thermometer again to measure the temperature - cool it down to 45˚C (113˚F), this could take up to 15 minutes. Then add the Microcare DB and essential oils. Blend once more to combine.
Let cool entirely, then spoon into a 100ml amber glass jar. Label with the date and ingredients. Enjoy!
- You can use an electric beater or even an electric hand whisk in place of the immersion blender, but this truly works best and they aren't expensive.
- Use any combination of the essential oils I've listed - work to 30 drops per 100ml recipe, which is a 1% dilution.
- This recipe makes 1x 100ml pottle, a convenient size if you're just making it for yourself, however I've found doubling the batch is slightly easier to manage when it comes to whipping.