Turmeric Roasted Potatoes
Turmeric Roasted Potatoes - a healthy twist on the traditional.
- 3 cups baby potatoes about 500g
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper – as to your liking
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- ½ cup peas
- Small wedge of red onion thinly sliced
- Small handful of parsley chopped
Pre heat oven at 200˚C.
Chop potatoes in half and steam till just soft, remove from heat and let cool a little.
Add olive oil, turmeric, pepper and garlic and toss to coat.
Arrange evenly on a baking tray and roast for about 30 minutes or till done to your liking.
Meanwhile, place peas in boiling water for a few minutes then drain.
Once potatoes have cooked, add the onion, peas and parsley.
Serve as a side dish!
Calories: 181kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 4gSodium: 5mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gCalcium: 30mgIron: 7.9mg