Raw Homemade Mustard
Raw homemade mustard spiked with turmeric. Yields approx. 1.5 cups (24 tablespoons). Please note the active prep time excludes the 24 hours needed to soak the mustard seeds.
- ½ cup mustard seeds mostly yellow, a little brown
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan rock salt
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
Soak the mustard seeds in water for 24 hours, then combine all ingredients in a blender and blend till you reach your desired consistency.
Transfer mustard to a glass jar and store in the fridge. Over the next few days, the bitterness will mellow out.
- Depending on your preference, you may like to add more sweetener.