Zippy Chocolate Apricot Oat Cookies
Soft and chewy Chocolate Apricot Oat Cookies quicker than the speed of light. A simple vegan recipe.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup wholegrain oats quick oats or rolled oats will not work
- ¾ cup coconut desiccated, fine
- ½ packed cup chopped dried apricots organic, sulphur dioxide free
- 70g roughly chopped dark chocolate (small handful)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon Ceylon
- 1½ teaspoons coconut or olive oil
- Zest of a small orange
Pre-heat oven at 170˚C (338˚F). In a large bowl, mash the bananas well, then add all other ingredients, mix well, use your hands to combine.
Roll a tablespoon of mixture at a time into a ball and place on a tray lined with baking paper, then flatten them down slightly.
Bake for 8-10 minutes then let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Double the recipe if you have multiple oven trays.
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSodium: 6mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gIron: 0.4mg