Forage some green ginkgo leaves for this lovely rich pesto with therapeutic benefits. Fills a 500ml jar.
- 3 cups freshly picked ginkgo leaves stalks removed
- 1 heaped tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 heaped cup raw cashews
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Layer the ginkgo leaves, miso, nutritional yeast, salt and cashews in a food processor, with the leaves at the bottom.
Quickly pour the olive oil down the chute as the motor runs. Process till just combined and still a little chunky.
Transfer to a 500ml glass jar, pour a little extra olive oil over the top to cover.
Tap on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles, cap and store in the fridge.