3pm Bliss Balls
3pm Bliss Balls for healthy snacking. Makes a top desk drawer full!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- ½ cup mint fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins or sultanas
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Raw cacao powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Sesame seeds
Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a food processor.
Add the raisins, dates and honey and mix again till the mixture is nice and crumbly but sticky enough to roll into balls.
Roll into little balls, about a tablespoon per ball.
Now roll them around in a pile of cacao, desiccated coconut or sesame seeds to coat.
- Use fresh, soft dates, and don’t be afraid to add an extra few in there if the balls seem a bit on the dry side.
- If your dates are dry, soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain ready for use
- Nut butters are a wholesome addition and can be used to replace some of the dates, helpful if you want to reduce the overall sugar content
- Try rolling them in a mix of different toppings purely for aesthetics – I’ve used desiccated coconut, sesame seeds and raw cacao powder here. Freeze dried fruit powders are also fun
- If you have food-safe essential oils, a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil in place of the fresh mint is just delicious (purchase doTERRA essential oils here)
- Store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh