Clear Skin Smoothie with nettle, blueberry and maqui
This smoothie is nourishing, mineral rich, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich and full of healthful fats. Nettle is particularly nourishing to the skin. Please note the active prep time excludes the 12 hours needed to super-infuse the nettle tea.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- Dried nettle leaf + hot water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries blackberries/raspberries/strawberries
- 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons flax seed oil
- Handful of fresh leafy or wild greens kale, spinach, dandelion greens, plantain, rocket
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
Fill a 500ml glass jar ¼ full with dried nettle. Pour boiling water over it, right to the very top. Fasten the lid and let steep overnight. In the morning, strain the herb from the liquid – return it to the garden as compost, and use a cup’s worth of that lovely emerald green infusion as a base for your smoothie.
Blend all ingredients together on high. Pour into a tall glass and mix in a sprinkle of coconut flakes and cacao nibs. Enjoy.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 2mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 48.7mg