Homemade Beard Oil
Tame the beard! This combination of carrier and essential oils will hydrate and nourish the skin, soften the hair and promote new growth.
Servings 30 ml
- 30ml / 1oz amber glass bottle with dropper
- 15ml / 0.5oz Jojoba oil organic
- 15ml / 0.5oz Argan oil organic
- 14 drops essential oils of your choice see notes for blend ideas
Add essential oils to glass bottle, top with carrier oils, then fasten the dropper.
To use, add a few drops to the palm of hands, rub together, then run hands through your beard. Best applied after a shower. If using citrus oils, see notes on phototoxicity.
Try some of these essential oil combinations:
- You can use just a single carrier oil if you like – I prefer the 50/50 blend.
- You’ll see some beard oil recipes online call for castor oil, I haven’t used it as it’s quite viscous, but if you’d like to try it out, I suggest just using a small amount.
- 14 drops of essential oil to 30ml/1oz of carrier is a 1.5% dilution, I don’t recommend going higher than that, though you can use less.
- Citrus oils are phototoxic, meaning they enhance UV induced DNA damage, so if using, apply at night or avoid going in the sun for 12 hours after application.
- Growth: 4 drops Rosemary, 1 drop Lavender, 5 drops Cedarwood, 4 drops Sandalwood
- Tame, Soothe and Calm: 2 drops Manuka, 5 drops Lavender, 3 drops Petitgrain, 3 drops Frankincense
- Fresh, Spicy, Woodsy: 3 drops Sandalwood, 3 drops Patchouli, 2 drops Vetiver, 3 drops Black Pepper, 3 drops Lime, 1 drop Rosemary
- Earthy Forest: 3 drops Cedarwood, 5 drops Douglas Fir, 5 drops Pink Pepper, 1 drop Clary Sage
- Fresh and Clean: 3 drops Wild Orange, 5 drops Bergamot, 4 drops Frankincense, 1 drop Marjoram