I have been on a dessert rampage lately, a happy hangover from my 'Real Sweethearts' raw desserts workshop last weekend. I was actually going to demonstrate this recipe, but I just couldn’t fit it in, so instead I’m sharing it here.
This cake is just heavenly - it is soft and rich and really does taste like white chocolate. It is definitely a special occasion cake. An I-love-you-and-I-want-to-smooch-you kind of cake. It's pink and romantic and dreamy, and full of all the feel-good hormones that raw cacao lends us. You must make this. That is all.Raw Raspberry and White Chocolate Cake - dreamy gluten free recipe here. Click To Tweet
Raw Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
Makes a 9 inch cake.
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 150 grams medjool dates pitted (about 8 dates)
- 3 cups cashews soaked in water (ideally a full 8 hours), then drained
- 1 cup raspberries thawed if using frozen
- ¾ cup raw mild honey alternatives: pure maple syrup, coconut nectar, organic rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup or more to taste lemon juice
- 2 vanilla beans chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons organic soy lecithin
- Desiccated coconut
- Berries fresh or freeze-dried
- Start with the base; pulse everything well in the food processor, adding the dates last, one at a time. The mixture should be crumbly but stick together when pressed.
- Pat firmly into the base of a 9 inch cake tin, lined with baking paper at the bottom.
- For the filling, liquify the cacao butter by chopping it into small pieces and leaving it to rest in a bowl standing over hot water. Once softened, pop it in the blender and whiz till it has totally melted.
- Add honey or natural sweetener of choice, lemon juice, chopped vanilla beans and coconut oil, blend well.
- Pour half of the mixture out and set aside.
- Now add 1½ cups of drained cashews back into the blender, and whiz well until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lecithin, blending till thoroughly combined.
- Pour this 'white chocolate' mixture over the base in the cake tin.
- Now pour the remainder of the nuts and the liquid mixture you set aside earlier back into the blender. Add the raspberries. Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of lecithin last and blend well.
- Pour this 'raspberry' mixture over the white chocolate layer of the cake. Use a knife to swirl the layers for a marbled effect.
- Set in the freezer for a few hours, ideally 6.
- When ready to serve, decorate with fresh berries and coconut.