A creamy raw cake infused with Pacific superfoods.
The inspiration for this lush cake was thanks to my recent holiday in beautiful sunny Fiji. Fiji is such a colourful, happy place. I love how all the buildings are painted bright tropical colours – melon pinks, aqua blues, turquoise and sunflower yellows. I absolutely loved being treated to all of the sweet, juicy, tropical fruits – pineapples, fragrant mangoes and plump bananas.
I was also happy to learn they have a few superfoods of their own – aloe vera, cacao and noni fruit.
This cake is a blend of coconut with fresh pineapple and banana. A little dusting of freeze-dried pineapple or passionfruit powder over the top with a flower lei help give it a Pacifica vibe. I hope you enjoy!Raw Pacifica Cake - a lush raw cake inspired by the South Pacific! Recipe here. Click To Tweet
Raw Pacifica Cake
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts activated
- 8 Medjool dates pitted and softened in warm water if they are a bit firm
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- ¾ cup fresh diced pineapple
- ½ cup chopped ripe banana
- 2½ cups cashews soaked overnight
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup mild honey alternative, pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 scrapped vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon hulled tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- In a food processor, blitz the coconut flakes and walnuts till well crumbled.
- Add the vanilla, coconut butter and salt and process again.
- Drop the dates one by one down the chute while the processor is running. The mixture should start to form a dough and creep up the sides of the processor, this means it is done.
- Line the bottom of a spring-form, 8 inch cake tin with baking paper, then press the mixture into the bottom, use the back of a spoon to flatten and even out the surface. Set aside.
- Put the coconut oil, coconut milk and honey in a blender, followed by the drained cashews, and blend well.
- Add the fruit, vanilla, tahini and coconut butter and blend again till smooth.
- Pour over the base and set in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- To serve, dust the entire surface with freeze dried pineapple powder, then skewer some yellow carnation flower heads around the outer edge.
• Noni powder
• Hibiscus Power
• Aloe vera juice (just a splash)
• Mango Raw cakes are incredibly nutrient dense and filling, a little goes a long way. You will most likely find it serves more than 16 if you slice it thinly. Sometimes it is easier to slice into rectangles rather than pie wedges.