This is SO easy and so tasty, you can use any berry or berry combo you like, it's a great basic to have in the fridge.
Free from refined sugars, rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids - nourishing for both the brain and the heart!
[bctt tweet="Homemade Raw Berry Chia Jams! Quick and easy, recipe here."]
Raw Blueberry Chia Jam
Raw, dairy free, refined sugar free, full of omega 3 fatty acids.
Makes 1 heaped cup.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or any other berry
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup or, coconut nectar / ethically sourced raw, wild honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Let the blueberries thaw out a little.
- Combine everything in the food processor and blitz till well combined.
- Transfer to a glass jar and let set in the fridge for a little, the chia will swell up and give it that jam-like texture.
- Spread it on toast or get creative and layer it in a fruit parfait.