These raw kale chips are absolutely delicious. This recipe is a little more creative, though if you wanted to keep it simple, try omitting the mustard, turmeric, paprika and fennel - and replace with a sprinkle of garlic powder.Delicious, crunchy, Dehydrated Kale Chips - recipe here! Click To Tweet
Dehydrated Kale Chips
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 4-8 hours, then rinsed and drained
- ½ chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- A good sprinkle of fennel seeds
- Tear the leaves of the kale away from the stalk, and again into bite sized pieces, then set aside in a big mixing bowl.
- Throw everything else except the fennel seeds into the blender, blend till creamy.
- Massage the mixture into the kale leaves, making sure the leaves are well coated.
- Sprinkle with fennel seeds.
- Place on trays and pop into the dehydrator at 100˚f for 7 hours.
- Give a final sprinkling of sea salt to serve.