Raw, dairy free ice cream, that’s actually good for you…what?! Oh yes! This amazingness is made out of organic nuts, coconuts, honey and a dash of vanilla, that’s pretty much it. I’ve been dying to make this recipe for a while now, after reading the back of some supermarket ice creams and reading a whole list of unsavoury ingredients. Ice cream should be a summer time treat, not a health threat.
This recipe is a great basic, and you can add cacao nibs, fruits and nuts to the mix right at the end.
Brazilian Coconut Ice Cream
RAW • REFINED SUGAR FREE • DAIRY FREE
- 2 cups Brazil nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked for 8 hours)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- Pinch of flakey sea salt
- First, make a nut milk. Blend the Brazil nuts with the coconut in 2 cups of water, then strain through a nut milk bag, or fine cheesecloth.
- Discard the pulp and pour the milk back into the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend till nice and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions in the manual (mine for example needs to churn for 20 minutes).
- Once you reach the desired creaminess, pour the ice cream into popsicle molds and let set in the freezer.